CHAPMAN ML3 Traditional
The CHAPMAN ML3 Traditional is Chapman's take on the classic T-style! This baby reaches new heights with Chapman's "Angry Mule" P90 in the neck and a "Vintage Tone" single-coil in the bridge. The ML3 Traditional offers fat yet versatile T-type tones with plenty of iconic "spank".
As part of Chapman's accessible Standard Series, the ML3 Traditional provides premium performance at an affordable price-point. With contemporary features that include rolled fingerboard edges, a Graph Tech TUSQ nut, jumbo frets and a recessed heel joint, this Chapman Guitars instrument can become your 'number 1' workhorse!
- Lightweight Mahogany Body — Delivers a deep and sustain-rich sound; giving the pickups a broader tone. Comes adorned with a stunning Ash veneer top.
- Satin-Finished Maple Neck — Popular neck timber adds brightness into the sonic mix; boasting a comfortable "C" profile and a satin finish for ultra-fast playability.
- Rolled-Edge Fingerboard — Provides a smooth, played-in feel. No sharp fret ends here!
- Bolt-On Construction with Recessed Neck Joint — Yields a snappy tone for an immediate note response, with recessed heel joint enabling unrestricted upper-fret access.
- 22 Jumbo Frets — Large size offers a controllable feel for wide vibrato and pitch-perfect string bends.
- Chapman Vintage Tone/Angry Mule Pickups — Single-coil/P90 combination gives you a mixture of crisp and punchy tones. Alnico 5 magnets yield a powerful yet articulate character.
- 3-Position Pickup Switch — Offers 3 sounds in total: bridge single-coil, neck P90 or a mix of the two.
- String-Through-Body Bridge — Enhances sustain, with individual saddles allowing for precise action and intonation settings.
- Body Shape: ML3
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Body Top: Ash Veneer
- Body Binding: Ivoroid
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: "C"
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Neck Joint: Recessed Bolt-On
- Scale Length: 648mm (25.5")
- Fingerboard: Maple with Rolled Edges
- Fingerboard Radius: 240mm
- Fingerboard Markers: Black Dots with Infinity at 12th Fret
- Fret Size: Jumbo Nickel
- Number of Frets: 22
- Headstock: Straight Heritage
- Truss Rod: Dual-Action
- Nut: Graph Tech TUSQ (42mm)
- Bridge: Chapman String-Through T-Style
- Tuners: Chapman Classic Closed (18:1 Gearing)
- Control Knobs: Knurled Dome-Style
- Strap Buttons: Chapman Classic
- Strings: Ernie Ball Regular Slinky Nickel Wound (10-46)
- Bridge Pickup: Chapman "Vintage Tone" Single-Coil (Alnico 5)
- Neck Pickup: Chapman "Angry Mule" P90 (Alnico 5)
- Controls: Volume (250k), Tone (250k), 3-Way Blade Pickup Selector Switch