WARM, TUBE DRIVE SOUNDS
The SD-1 Super OverDrive pedal produces the warm, natural distortion of an overdriven tube amplifier while maintaining the subtle nuances of a player's picking technique. This is one of BOSS' more subtle and smooth overdrive pedals, perfect for blues and rock.
Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive Features:
- Genre-defining BOSS overdrive sound
- Unique asymmetrical clipping circuit produces tube-like overdrive characteristics
- Mild-to-moderate drive tones with focused midrange and tight low end
- Ideal for use with clean and slightly driven amps
- Also works great for bringing tightness and definition to high-gain amp tones
- Stacks well with boost, overdrive, and distortion pedals
- BOSS five-year warranty
The SD-1 allows players from beginner to pro to get inspiring sounds right away, thanks to its natural behavior and the subtle mid boost that's part of its design. It gives your tone a push where it matters most, ensuring your guitar always sits perfectly in the mix with warmth, clarity, and rich presence. Lower drive settings are great for rhythm parts, while higher settings are ideal for fat, singing leads. The SD-1 is also very sensitive to input gain, letting you dial in different shades of overdrive simply by adjusting your guitar's volume control.
The One Pedal Every Player Needs
With its organic character and responsive drive and tone controls, the SD-1 delivers the right sound for just about any style of music. Kick on the pedal with your favorite clean or slightly driven amp for mild-to-moderate overdrive that’s ideal for everything from classic rock and gritty blues to pop, country, jazz, and beyond. The SD-1 also shines as a booster for high-gain amps and other drive pedals, providing mid focus, tight bass, and smooth top end that's perfectly suited for heavier sounds and solo playing.