Looking to buy a USB Microphone in Australia?
First, let's talk about why you might need a USB microphone. If you're someone who wants to record audio, whether it's for a podcast, a YouTube video, or even music, a USB microphone can make a huge difference in sound quality. Unlike the built-in microphones on most laptops and phones, a USB microphone is specifically designed to capture high-quality audio, making your recordings sound more professional.
Now, let's talk about some of the brands that Coleman's Music Store carries. Our best sellers of USB microphones are from RODE , PRESONUS , BEHRINGER and MACKIE , all of which are fantastic options for anyone looking for a USB microphone in Australia.
RODE is a company that's well-known for its high-quality microphones. They have a range of USB microphones that are perfect for podcasting and streaming, including the RODE NT-USB and the RODE Podcaster. These microphones are known for their crystal-clear sound quality and ease of use.
PRESONUS is another great brand that our Coleman's Music Stores carry. Their USB microphones, such as the PRESONUS Revelator, are designed with streamers and podcasters in mind, offering features like built-in headphones and easy-to-use controls.
BEHRINGER is a budget-friendly brand that still delivers great quality. Their USB microphones, like the BEHRINGER C-1U, are ideal for anyone just starting out with podcasting or streaming. They may not have all the bells and whistles of some of the more expensive options, but they still offer great sound quality at an affordable price.
Finally, MACKIE is a brand that's known for its high-quality audio equipment. Their USB microphones, like the MACKIE EM-USB, are designed for musicians and podcasters alike. They offer great sound quality and a range of features, making them a great choice for anyone looking for a high-end USB microphone.
So, whether you're just starting out or you're a seasoned pro, Coleman's Music Store has a great selection of USB microphones to choose from.
"The Rode NT-USB is an excellent USB microphone that is easy to use and provides excellent sound quality for voiceovers, podcasting, and music recording." - Tom's Guide
What famous artists use USB Microphones?
If you're looking to take your music or content creation to the next level, you might be wondering what famous artists use USB microphones. After all, if the pros are using them, they must be good, right? Well, you're in luck because we've done some research and found some well-known artists who use USB microphones.
First up, we've Ed Sheeran. The Grammy-winning singer-songwriter is known for his heartfelt lyrics and soulful voice, and he's been known to use a RODE NT-USB microphone for his recordings. This microphone is known for its clarity and high-quality sound, which is why it's a great choice for someone like Sheeran who needs to capture every nuance of his voice.
Another famous artist who uses a USB microphone is the pop sensation Billie Eilish. She's been known to use a BLUE Yeti microphone for her live performances, which is a popular choice among streamers and content creators. The BLUE Yeti offers a range of recording patterns, allowing you to capture sound from different angles, which can be especially useful for live performances.
If you're into rap music, you might be interested to know that the rapper Logic has used a USB microphone in the past. He's been known to use a RODE NT-USB microphone, which he's said is perfect for recording vocals in his home studio. The RODE NT-USB microphone is designed for podcasting and music recording, and it's known for its versatility and high-quality sound.
Finally, we have the legendary singer-songwriter Neil Young. He's been known to use a Blue Snowball USB microphone for his recordings, which is a budget-friendly option that still offers great sound quality. The Blue Snowball is a popular choice among content creators, and it's known for its ease of use and clear sound.
So, if you're wondering whether USB microphones are good enough for the pros, the answer is a resounding yes. These famous artists have all used USB microphones in their recordings, and it's clear that they can produce high-quality sound that's suitable for professional use. If you're looking to up your recording game, a USB microphone might just be the way to go.
What styles of music are USB Microphones good for?
If you're a musician or content creator and you're considering using a USB microphone, you might be wondering what styles of music these microphones are best suited for. The truth is, USB microphones can be used for a wide range of music styles, from folk to hip-hop to heavy metal. Here are some examples of the styles of music that USB microphones are particularly good for:
• Singer-Songwriter: USB microphones are great for capturing the nuances of a solo performer's voice, making them a perfect choice for singer-songwriters. They can help to highlight the subtleties of the vocals, whether you're singing soft ballads or belting out powerful anthems.
• Podcasting and Spoken Word: USB microphones are designed with podcasters and spoken-word artists in mind, so they're great for recording voiceovers and dialogue. They can help to capture clear, crisp audio that's easy to understand, making them ideal for anyone looking to create professional-quality content.
• Acoustic Guitar: If you're looking to record acoustic guitar, a USB microphone can be a great choice. They can help to capture the warmth and clarity of the guitar, making it sound as if you're right there in the room with the musician.
• Hip-Hop and R&B: USB microphones can be used for rap and R&B vocals, too. They can help to capture the unique tones and timbres of the artist's voice, allowing you to add effects and enhance the sound in post-production.
• Heavy Metal: USB microphones can handle high levels of sound pressure, making them a great choice for recording heavy metal vocals or drums. They can help to capture the raw energy of the performance, allowing you to mix and edit the audio to perfection.
Overall, USB microphones are versatile tools that can be used for a wide range of musical styles. Whether you're recording vocals, instruments, or spoken-word content, a USB microphone can help to capture the sound with clarity and detail, allowing you to produce professional-quality recordings. So, don't be afraid to experiment and see what styles of music you can record with a USB microphone!
"Behringer's C-1U is a great option for anyone looking for a budget-friendly USB microphone without sacrificing sound quality." - MusicRadar
What USB Microphones are best in Australia?
If you're in the market for a USB microphone in Australia, you may be wondering which brands and models are the best options for your needs. Luckily, there are several high-quality options available from top brands like RODE, PreSonus, Behringer, and Mackie. Here are some of the best USB microphones to consider:
RODE NT-USB: RODE is a trusted brand in the audio industry, and the NT-USB is one of their most popular USB microphones. It offers high-quality sound with a frequency response range of 20Hz to 20kHz, making it ideal for recording vocals, instruments, and even podcasts.
PreSonus Revelator: The PreSonus Revelator is a versatile USB microphone that offers several recording modes, including cardioid, omni, and figure-8 patterns. It also includes built-in effects and EQ, making it a great choice for podcasters, streamers, and content creators.
Behringer C-1U: The Behringer C-1U is a budget-friendly option that still offers solid sound quality. It features a cardioid pickup pattern and a frequency response range of 20Hz to 18kHz, making it a good choice for recording vocals and acoustic instruments.
Mackie EM-USB: The Mackie EM-USB is a compact USB microphone that's perfect for on-the-go recording. It features a cardioid pickup pattern and a frequency response range of 20Hz to 20kHz, making it a good choice for podcasters, content creators, and musicians.
RODE Podcaster: Another great option from RODE is the Podcaster, which is specifically designed for podcasting and broadcasting. It features a dynamic capsule and a USB output, making it a great choice for capturing clear and professional-quality audio.
Ultimately, the best USB microphone for you will depend on your specific needs and budget. However, with options from trusted brands like RODE, PreSonus, Behringer, and Mackie, you can be confident that you're getting a high-quality product that will help you capture great-sounding recordings. Be sure to do your research and read reviews before making a decision, and consider factors like frequency response, pickup pattern, and any additional features you may need.
What types of USB Microphones are there?
If you're looking for a USB microphone, you may be surprised to find that there are actually several different types available. Each type is designed to meet different needs and suit different recording situations. Here are some of the most common types of USB microphones you'll come across:
• Condenser Microphones: Condenser microphones are the most common type of USB microphone. They use a capacitor to capture sound waves, which makes them very sensitive and capable of capturing a wide range of frequencies. They're great for recording vocals, acoustic instruments, and other sources that require a lot of detail and clarity.
• Dynamic Microphones: Dynamic microphones are less sensitive than condenser microphones, but they're also more durable and can handle high sound pressure levels. They're often used for recording loud sources like drums and electric guitars, as well as for live performances.
• Ribbon Microphones: Ribbon microphones are less common than condenser and dynamic microphones, but they're still a great choice for certain applications. They use a thin strip of metal (the "ribbon") to capture sound waves, which gives them a warm and natural sound. They're often used for recording stringed instruments, brass instruments, and other sources that benefit from a more natural sound.
• USB Headsets: USB headsets are a convenient option for anyone who needs to record voiceovers, podcasts, or other spoken-word content. They include both a microphone and headphones in one package, making them a great choice for beginners or anyone on a tight budget.
• USB Lavalier Microphones: USB lavalier microphones are small, clip-on microphones that can be attached to clothing or other objects. They're often used for recording interviews or other situations where the microphone needs to be close to the source.
• USB Shotgun Microphones: USB shotgun microphones are long, directional microphones that are designed to capture sound from a specific direction. They're often used for recording video and film, as well as for live performances.
Overall, there are many different types of USB microphones to choose from, each with its own strengths and weaknesses. By considering your specific needs and the type of sound you want to capture, you can choose the best USB microphone for your recording needs.
"Mackie's EM-USB is a high-quality USB microphone that provides clear, professional-level audio for podcasting, live streaming, and music recording." - ProAudioStar
Is a high-end USB Microphone worth it?
If you're considering investing in a high-end USB microphone, you may be wondering whether it's worth the extra cost. While it's true that high-end microphones can be significantly more expensive than budget options, there are several reasons why they may be worth the investment. Here are some things to consider when deciding whether a high-end USB microphone is worth it for you:
Sound Quality: High-end USB microphones are designed to deliver exceptional sound quality, with clear, detailed recordings that capture every nuance of your performance. If you're recording vocals, instruments, or other sources where sound quality is crucial, a high-end microphone can make a big difference in the final result.
Durability: High-end microphones are often built to last, with rugged construction and high-quality components that can withstand heavy use. If you plan to use your microphone frequently, a high-end model may be a better investment than a cheaper option that may wear out more quickly.
Features: High-end USB microphones often come with advanced features like multiple polar patterns, built-in effects, and high-pass filters that can help you tailor your recordings to your specific needs. If you need these features for your recording projects, a high-end microphone may be the best choice for you.
Brand Reputation: Many high-end USB microphones are made by well-known and respected brands like RODE, Shure, and Audio-Technica. These brands have earned their reputation for producing high-quality audio equipment, so you can be confident that you're investing in a product that has been tested and proven in the industry.
Ultimately, whether a high-end USB microphone is worth it for you will depend on your specific needs and budget. While it's true that you can get decent results with a budget microphone, a high-end option can offer significant improvements in sound quality, durability, and features. Before making a decision, consider your recording goals, the types of sources you'll be recording, and your budget.
What materials are USB Microphones made from?
Curious about the materials used to make USB microphones, you're not alone. The construction and materials of a microphone can have a significant impact on its sound quality and durability. Here are some of the most common materials used to make USB microphones:
• Metal: Many USB microphones feature metal construction, particularly in the capsule and grille. Metal is a durable and reliable material that can withstand heavy use, making it a popular choice for microphone manufacturers.
• Plastic: Some USB microphones use plastic in their construction, particularly in the body and base. While plastic may not be as durable as metal, it can still provide a sturdy and lightweight option for microphones.
• Rubber: Rubber is sometimes used in the construction of USB microphones, particularly in the shock mount or base. Rubber can help to absorb vibrations and prevent unwanted noise from being captured in recordings.
• Foam: Foam is often used in the windscreen or pop filter of USB microphones. It can help to reduce unwanted noise and improve the clarity of recordings.
• Leather: Leather may be used in the construction of USB microphone cases or carrying bags. It can provide a stylish and protective covering for your microphone.
Overall, the materials used to make USB microphones can vary depending on the manufacturer and the specific model. While metal and plastic are the most common materials used, other materials like rubber, foam, and leather can also play a role in the construction of a microphone. When choosing a USB microphone, consider the materials used and how they may impact the microphone's sound quality, durability, and overall performance.
What kinds of pickups do USB Microphones have?
USB microphones come in a variety of types and designs, and the type of pickup used in the microphone can have a significant impact on its sound quality and performance. Here are some of the most common types of pickups found in USB microphones:
• Condenser Pickup: Condenser pickups are the most common type of pickup used in USB microphones. They are known for their high sensitivity and ability to capture detailed recordings with a wide frequency range. They require a power source, either through an external power supply or through phantom power provided by the recording device.
• Dynamic Pickup: Dynamic pickups are less common in USB microphones, but they are still used in some models. They are known for their durability and ability to handle high sound pressure levels without distortion. They do not require a power source and are often used for recording live performances or loud instruments like drums or electric guitars.
• Ribbon Pickup: Ribbon pickups are a type of condenser pickup that uses a thin metal ribbon to capture sound waves. They are known for their warm and natural sound quality, but they are also delicate and require careful handling to avoid damage.
• Electret Pickup: Electret pickups are a type of condenser pickup that uses a charged electret material to capture sound waves. They are often used in lower-end USB microphones due to their low cost and simple design.
When choosing a USB microphone, it's important to consider the type of pickup used and how it may impact the microphone's performance. Condenser pickups are generally the best choice for recording vocals, acoustic instruments, and other sources that require high sensitivity and detailed recordings. Dynamic pickups may be a better choice for recording loud instruments or live performances. Ribbon pickups are less common and often used in specialised recording applications. Electret pickups are generally the least expensive option and may be suitable for basic recording needs.
"The Blue Yeti remains one of the most popular and reliable USB microphones on the market, with excellent sound quality and a range of pickup patterns." - TechRadar
What do USB Microphones cost in Australia?
If you're interested in purchasing a USB microphone in Australia, you may be wondering how much you can expect to pay. The cost of a USB microphone can vary widely depending on the brand, model, and features. Here are some general price ranges for USB microphones in Australia:
• Budget: Budget USB microphones can be found for as low as $50 AUD. These may be basic models with limited features, but they can still provide decent sound quality for simple recording needs.
• Mid-Range: Mid-range USB microphones typically cost between $100-300 AUD. These models often feature higher quality components, better sound quality, and more advanced features like multiple pickup patterns and built-in preamps.
• High-End: High-end USB microphones can cost upwards of $500 AUD or more. These models are typically used by professional musicians, podcasters, and broadcasters, and feature the highest quality components and advanced features like multiple pickup patterns, adjustable gain control, and high-quality preamps.
When choosing a USB microphone, it's important to consider your budget and the features you need for your recording needs. While a higher-priced microphone may offer better sound quality and more advanced features, a budget microphone can still provide decent sound quality for basic recording needs. At Coleman's Music Store in Melbourne CBD or Lynbrook, you can find a variety of USB microphone options at different price points from top brands like Rode, Presonus, Behringer, and Mackie. Additionally, shopping online can provide access to a wider range of options and competitive pricing.
Where can I buy a USB Microphone near me in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Canberra, Adelaide, Hobart or Australia online?
If you're looking to purchase a USB microphone in Australia, you may be wondering where you can find one near you. Fortunately, there are plenty of options both online and in physical stores, including Coleman's Music Store in Melbourne CBD and Lynbrook.
Coleman's Music Store has been a trusted music retailer in Melbourne for over 40 years, offering a wide range of musical instruments, equipment, and accessories. They carry a variety of USB microphones from top brands like RODE , PRESONUS , BEHRINGER and MACKIE , and offer competitive pricing and expert advice from their knowledgeable staff.
If you're located in Melbourne or the surrounding area, you can visit either of Coleman's Music Store's locations in Melbourne CBD or Lynbrook. If you're located outside of Melbourne, you can still shop through our online store. They offer fast shipping all over Australia, so you can get your USB microphone delivered right to your door with fast, secure shipping.
If you have any questions or need help choosing the right USB microphone for your needs, you can reach Coleman's Music Store's friendly and knowledgeable staff by phone at (03) 9799 5400. They are happy to help and can provide expert advice on choosing the right microphone for your recording needs.
Whether you're located in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Canberra, Adelaide, Hobart, or anywhere else in Australia, Coleman's Music Store is a great option for purchasing a USB microphone. With our wide selection of top brands, competitive pricing, and fast shipping, they make it easy to find the right microphone for your recording needs.