BOSS and EVH Unite to Bring You the Legendary Eddie Van Halen Dual Delay Sound
EVH and BOSS join forces to bring you the SDE-3000EVH Dual Digital Delay, an authentic recreation of the stereo delays at the heart of Eddie Van Halen’s massive three-cabinet live stage guitar sound. Based on the vintage Roland SDE-3000 rackmount delay, this powerhouse processor puts two fully featured SDE-3000s in one floor-based pedal, coupled with extensive connectivity to build a wet/dry/wet rig just like Eddie’s. You also get eight presets curated by EVH with the exact settings from his actual delay units, allowing you to experience the master’s expansive spatial delay tone in your own setup.
- Special edition dual delay pedal jointly developed by EVH and BOSS
- Based on the legendary Roland SDE-3000 rackmount digital delay from the 1980s
- Eight EVH presets with the exact settings from the two SDE-3000 delays in Eddie Van Halen’s live rig (the EVH presets are locked internally but allow for output level adjustments)
- Versatile connectivity for creating an EVH wet/dry/wet rig and integrating with various mono and stereo setups
- Classic appearance with the signature EVH logo and stripes
- Warm vintage digital delay sound with extended features for modern rigs
- Distinctive retro display and panel controls based on the original SDE-3000
- Includes two full-featured delays, each with independent parameters, mono/stereo modulation, and panning
- Widely adjustable delay time with two range settings: 0–1500 ms and 0–3000 ms
- Characterful modulation inspired by the original circuit design
- Phase switches for the primary delay and delay feedback loop
- Adjustable low-cut and high-cut filters for shaping delay feedback sounds
- Send/return functionality for patching in an effect pedal or using the four-cable method
- Selectable impedance on the effect return for optimizing tone with different amplifiers
- Selectable series or parallel operation for the two delays
- Save and recall sounds with 92 user memories
- Adjustable noise suppressor
- Assignable onboard footswitch control for tap tempo, hold, and more
- Jacks for extended operation with up to four footswitches, two expression pedals, or the GA-FC/GA-FC EX foot controller
- MIDI I/O on space-saving mini TRS jacks
- Includes three ground-lift cables for eliminating hum with multi-amplifier setups
Eddie Van Halen and the SDE-3000
Eddie Van Halen is one of the greatest and most influential guitarists of all time, and his effortless musicality, spirited performances, and otherworldly techniques will continue to inspire players for generations to come. Eddie’s amazing tone is equally legendary, and he continually refined his amplifier and effect choices throughout his career to achieve the very best sound possible.
The Roland SDE-3000 delays were perfect for his unique wet/dry/wet live rig approach, providing rich, high-quality tone and special delay parameters that allowed him to perfectly tweak the sound to his exacting preferences. After years of using the SDE-3000s, the ever-ambitious and competitive Eddie tried to see if he could improve his sound with a rival product. But he never found another delay that worked better, and his two SDE-3000s remained core components of his stage rig throughout his long career.
“We went through a process for about two weeks of comparing many delay products. And in the end, Ed concluded that the SDE-3000s were the best.” — Matt Bruck, EVH Managing Director
Looking to buy BOSS SDE-3000EVH Dual Digital Delay EVH Edition? You’ll love Coleman's Music Guitar Shop in Melbourne & Online with fast delivery to your front door.