Taylor American Dream Limited-edition AD17e Redtop Acoustic-electric Guitar Features:
- Limited-edition of Taylor's versatile AD17e acoustic-electric; only 120 sold worldwide
- Built-in the USA
- Grand Pacific slope-shoulder dreadnought body yields a more balanced dreadnought experience with a more organic low end and a well-seasoned sound
- Solid spruce top delivers quality resonance and vibrational transfer — must-haves for great tone
- Solid ovangkol back and sides offer rich sonic qualities similar to rosewood
- Easy-playing mahogany neck and eucalyptus fingerboard supply sought-after Taylor playability
- V-Class bracing increases output enhances sustain, and reduces harmonic distortion
- ES2 electronics system with 2-band EQ ensures sophisticated plugged-in tone that's authentic and full
The Taylor AD17e American Dream Grand Pacific acoustic-electric guitar pairs creativity and ingenuity with a premium musical performance. The Grand Pacific body shape brings a warm and seasoned sound, with broad, round overlapping notes that blend to create a unified harmony. It eliminates the low-end woofiness often associated with dreadnought-style guitars, and is especially microphone-friendly, and suited to flat-pickers, strummers and fingerstyle players.
The AD17e features a top made of solid spruce, which blends stiffness and elasticity in just the right proportion for a broad dynamic range with crisp articulation. The back and sides are made of solid ovangkol, known for its punchy midrange and shimmery top end. Pairing spruce with ovangkol gives you a tone that is crisp and articulate, yet balanced and responsive to a wide variety of playing styles. The AD17e also includes Taylor V-Class bracing, which optimizes the guitar’s response by boosting volume and sustain and creating purer notes that don’t cancel each other out.
Enjoy additional amplification with the Taylor Expression System 2, which features a patented behind-the-saddle pickup. It has three uniquely positioned and individually calibrated pickup sensors, allowing all the nuance of the guitar’s tone to come through clearly, whether playing acoustically or plugged in. Together with Taylor’s custom-designed “professional audio”-grade preamp, this system produces exceptional amplified tone and responsiveness. The Taylor ES2 operates through a proprietary 9-volt battery compartment and easy-to-use volume, and active bass and treble controls.
Additional appointments include chambered body edges, a eucalyptus fingerboard and bridge, super-thin matte finish, single-ring wood rosette and Taylor nickel tuners. Comes in a Taylor AeroCase for maximum protection and portability.